We wanted to start a new “series” of sorts by featuring different brands that we love and the products within those brands that we use the most. As we are nearing the holiday season these posts could also give you some good gift ideas! It is no secret that I am a product junkie. I love trying new makeup products and read a lot of reviews and blog posts on new products so I thought I could share my 2 cents and experience with the products featured here today. When I think of the brand Hourglass I think of soft glowing skin and products that seem to last all day. Their catch-line for their brand is “Luxury Performance Makeup” and I couldn’t agree with that statement more. The first Hourglass product that I tried was the Veil Mineral Primer and after it made my foundations last longer on my oily skin I decided to try more of their product line. Here are the star products that I am loving right now:
- Ambient Light Edit (limited edition) – This a bit more on the pricier side but as it has a powder for every part of your face I think it is worth the investment. This palette is perfect for someone wanting to try out their powders without having to buy each one individually. I also love how compact it is for travelling.
- Veil Mineral Primer – According to Sephora’s site it is a water-resistant primer that neutralizes the skin, minimizes shine, and creates a smooth, uniform canvas for flawless makeup application. I have gone through 4 bottles of this liquid gold. Need I say more.
- Ambient Bronzer – This bronzer gives you the perfect sun kissed glow. It is definitely on the warmer side so I wouldn’t use this to contour the skin.
- Ambient Lighting Powder in Luminous Light – I use this powder to give the most natural and soft highlight to my cheekbones.
- Arch Brow Sculpting Pencil – This brow pencil combines powder and wax with an angled shape to softly define your brows. It also has a handy brush on the other end to brush out your brows.
**big thanks to Kristina from Inspired by Lynne for shooting this holiday makeup layout for us!!